Sri Lankan Elephants & Tea Tour
A round the island trip of the “Pearl of the Ocean”, which incorporates many activities such as spice gardens and tea processing. The tour encompasses a bit of everything. You have the historical UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Polonnaruwa and Sigiriya; orphaned elephants bathing in a river and also on safaris to see them in their natural habitat; other natural visits of botanic gardens and parks to see herbs and spices; a famous train trip with views of tea plantations; and don’t forget partying in party town Negombo. One thing that memorize you is the absolute warmth of the Sri Lankan people. True, they live more for today than tomorrow, but they smile and their smiles warms up anybody’s heart. Enjoy Christmas and New Year on this tropical island. Lap up the luxury, enjoy the adventure and meet new friends.
December 22, 2022 to January 3, 2023 US$3,425 per person
- Who’s it for? Gay men only.
- Duration: 13 Nights/12 Days.
- Arrival: Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Departure: Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Group size: minimum 4; maximum 12.
- Accommodations: 4+-star hotels (except Kandy 3 star chosen because of its view & ratings).
- Activities: UNESCO Heritage sites, Safaris, aryuvedic massage, cultural show, herbs & spice garden, tea plantation & factory, famous train journey, Galle Dutch fortress.
- A round the island trip visiting: Negombo, Sigiriya, Kandy, Ramboda, Nuwara Eliya, Ella, Yala, Mirissa, Weligama, Galle.
- Climbing Sigiriya Rock: (or alternatively Pindurangala rock with its view of Sigiriya Rock).
- Temple of the Lost Tooth. Kandy: (houses the relic of the tooth of Buddha – a pilgrimage site).
- Elephant Orphange – see the elephants bathe in the river for their daily wash.
- Safaris: Minneriya or Kaudulla National Park, and Yala National Park.
- Plantation/Factory Visits: pineapple farm, tea factory, spice & herb garden.
- Famous Train journey with tea plantation views: from Nanu Oya (Nuwara Eliya) to Ella.
- Massage: try a special aryuvedic message to relive all that travel stress.
- Party Town Negombo: a visit to some gay friendly bars with a Holiday Houseboy to look after you.
DATES & PRICES:
- Duration: from December 22, 2022 to January 3, 2023, Weligama, Galle.
- Price: US$3,425 per person.
- No Single Traveler Supplement .
- 13 DAYS / 12 NIGHTS, Weligama, Galle.
- Day 1 – December 22,, 2022.
- Warm welcome at Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport.
- Transfer to your 5 star hotel in Negombo.
- “Greet and Meet” session at 7 pm in the hotel reception.
- Rest or party (Negombo is known as party town).
Overnight in Negombo.
Day 2, 3 and 4 – December Friday 23, Saturday 24, Sunday 25 , 2022.
- Private travel to Sigiriya for 3 nights stay.
- Pineapple plantation.
- Dambulla cave temple.
- Village tour.
- Dambulla vegetable market.
- Polonnaruwa old city.
- Sigiriya or Pindurangala rock climbing (suitable for the average person in good health).
- Minneriya or Kaudulla National Park (3 pm to 5.45 pm).
- Aryuvedic massage (6 pm to 7.30 pm).
Day 5 and 6 – December 26 & 27, 2022
- Private travel to Kandy for 2 nights stay.
- Mathale spice and herbal garden.
- Mathale hindu temple.
- Pinnawala Elephants bathing in the river.
- Kandy cultural dance show (5.30pm to 6.30pm).
- Kandy tooth temple.
- Kandy lake and city shopping.
Day 7 – December 28, 2022
- Private travel to Ramboda for 1 nights stay.
- Botanical gardens.
- Ambuluwawa temple by tuktuk.
- Waterfalls Ramboda.
- Tea plantation & factory visit.
Day 8 and 9 – Thursday 29th, December 29 & 30, 2022
- Nuwara Eliya city walking.
- Victoria Park.
- Gregory Lake View.
- Waterfalls Ramboda.
- Train trip at 12.45 pm from Nanu Oya (Nuwara Eliya) to Ella, arriving 3.30 pm.
- Little Adam’s Peak hiking.
- Lipton seat walking tea estate.
- Nine arch bridge views train crossings.
- Staying 2 nights in Ella.
Day 10 – December 31, 2022
- Travel to Yala.
- Yala safari at 2 pm until 6 pm.
- Staying overnight in Yala.
Day 11– Sunday 1st January 2023
- Travel to Weligama via Mirissa.
- Mirissa palm hill.
- Fishermen on poles.
- Staying overnight in Weligama.
Day 12 – Monday 2nd January 2023
- Dalawella beach swing.
- Galle Dutch fortress.
- Evening travel to Negombo.
Day 13 – Tuesday 3rd January 2023
- Airport transfer.
Air-conditioned transport within Sri Lanka.
- English speaking tour guide 24/7.
- Hotel accommodation (4+ star except Kandy).
- 3 star hotel in Kandy chosen because of its view & outstanding rating).
- All breakfasts.
- Airport transfers from/to Colombo.
- Warm welcome at Colombo airport.
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- All entrance fees.
lunch and dinner.
- International flights to and from Colombo.
- Sri Lankan Tourist Visa (you can order online via ivisa.com).
- compulsory Travel insurance.
Notes on Travel Insurance:
You should purchase travel insurance that includes medical coverage of US$50,000 and emergency repatriation coverage of minimum US$200,000. Please note it is also recommended to cover isolation costs if testing positive for covid-19, and trip cancellation for any reason (CFAR). You will probably need to purchase this within 24 hours of paying your deposit. Please make sure that you contact your insurance provider directly to understand any impacts of covid. Any government related travel advisories may also impact your coverage. We cannot recommend or endorse any travel insurance company and the choice of your insurance provider is your own personal choice.
*Please note the tour may be subject to change at the discretion of the tour guide.*
Danushka is one of 4 brothers who have a 15 year old Sri Lankan tour business. Well appreciated by their guests, and with an excellent safety record, Danushka or one of his brothers will be able to show you around Sri Lanka like no other.
It was my second time visiting this beautiful country and my second time using this tour company, who are truly incredible. Both times we've had an unforgettable experience. The tour guide has great knowledge of his country, he knows the best spots and even the hidden gems. He is kind, always on time and will go above and beyond to make sure you have the most incredible time. He has become a good friend who we keep in touch with and we can't wait to visit Sri Lanka again. It is our favourite country!
Highly recommend travelling with this tour company. The tour guide was with us for 6 days and went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable all the time. Not only was he our driver, photographer and friend but he made our trip super easy by organising our daily activities ensuring we got the full Sri Lankan experience. For someone to be so dedicated to us despite the current situation in SL was truly amazing. In fact, if anyone is unsure about travelling to SL please support the country by going as you won’t be disappointed! Above all rest assured your happiness is their happiness. Thank you so much for all the fun times.
I recommend traveling with them. It was the best part of our trip in Sri Lanka. The tour guide was not only our driver, but also a great guide and friend. He proposed to modify our plan and we saw more places! He guided us to some local food places where we tried Sri Lankan meals. He pointed which food is spicy and which are not, so do not worry about that. He also helped us with a lot of stuff. If you looking for great, safe driver is the best choice! Highly recommended!
Chaminda is your party guy for Negombo. He will accompany to the bars, hopefully ensure you have a great time, and assist you back to your hotel. All to ensure your safety whilst you have some nightlife fun.
Chaminda has a kind quiet nature. Nothing is too much for him. He relates well with tourists, and wants to ensure that you enjoy yourself. Much appreciated by our guests, you are in safe hands – Alan, Founder of Holiday Houseboys.
LGBT LAW in SRI LANKA:
Sri Lanka is well behind India when it comes to LGBT rights. In Sri Lanka, from the statutes of Colonial times, it is illegal to practice any homosexual act. That is right, blame the British! As such basically avoid any form of physical display of affection in public. A deeply Buddhist country, the majority hold Buddhist beliefs and it is best not to offend. What can be said is things are changing. There is for example a Gay Group in Colombo, but the legal system of Sri Lanka is way behind.